Tuesday 1 July 2014

Andy Murray Rescues a Dog on his way to Wimbledon

Andy Murray's dog Maggie May
2013 Wimbledon Tennis Champion, Andy Murray saved a spotted labradoodle pup that was heading toward oncoming traffic. The Scottish tennis player was on his way to Wimbledon on Sunday when he spotted the dog in danger, Murray pulled over to try and retrieve the lost canine.

Andy Murray said:
"There was a danger that I might not make it to practice at all on Sunday morning when I found myself in the middle of a busy road trying to stop the traffic on the way into Wimbledon," Murray wrote in a blog post.

The current Wimbledon champion described the experience to BBC Radio after a viewer called in and reported that they had seen the tennis star chasing a runaway dog down a busy road. Murray told BBC:

"It wasn’t my dog. I was driving to practice and there was a dog running along the road. So I parked the car at the traffic lights and basically got out of the car and tried to stop the traffic because the dog was running towards the oncoming traffic. So I ran in front of the road, stopped the traffic and then I managed to get the dog."

After rescuing the pup he drove to a local park and called the number the on the pet tag

No comments:

Post a Comment